Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are working with a leading logistics business in Wakefield to recruit an experienced Transport Planner.
The successful candidate will join a busy transport team where you will be providing a service to customers ensuring routes are planned accurately and efficiently.
• Experience of working in a busy Transport office
• Plan multi-site operations
• Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
• Knowledge of transport systems.
• Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilising the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
• Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
• Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
• Source local agency drivers as and when required providing an accurate brief of job required.
• Source local sub-contractors as and when required.
• Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
• Ensure loads meet safety standards.
• Pre-Brief/De-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
• Manage WTD Compliance
• Download Driver cards for analysis
• Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
• Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
• Record trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers.
• Administration of run shifts (file/ update globally)
• Fully understand agreed KPI’s for Department
• General haulage planning – Desirable
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.