Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are working on behalf of an expanding Logistics business in Sheffield to recruit a Transport Manager.
• Manage the relationship with suppliers and maintain an up to date account of incoming and outgoing loads.
• Ensure that vehicles are allocated to drivers, trackers provided and that condition reports are received from drivers as appropriate.
• Ensure that drivers are able to access advice and support during operating hours
• Ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out.
• Fleet management responsible for approximately 60 vehicles
• Investigating and responding to damage reports, handling and monitoring insurance claims as appropriate
• Working closely with transport planners
Skills & experience required
• Strong communication, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Proven experience within a similar position
• Excellent, proven negotiation and cost reduction skills
• Developed administrative knowledge in vehicle management
• Responsible and possessing sound judgement
• Capable of working in a team
• Able to and interested in training and supervising others
• Must hold a valid National and International CPC
This is a full time permanent position and a great opportunity for the right person to excel and progress within the company.
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.