Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are working with a leading food manufacturer in Leeds to recruit an experienced Technical Administrator on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Quality Manager, you’ll be making sure that the technical side of company business runs smoothly which means working with other colleagues and departments within the business as well as suppliers and customers.
• Providing administrative assistance to the Technical Manager and the other members of the department.
• Managing information flows into and out of the department.
• Coordinating all audit information and compiling statistical data.
• Drafting and amending training records, worksheets and standard operating procedures.
• Making recommendations for system improvements.
• Ensuring all databases are maintained and updated.
• Collecting samples for laboratory assessments.
• Document control of the Food Management Safety System.
• Carrying out traceability and dummy recall exercises.
• Time management and organisational skills should be excellent.
• You’ll need to be an excellent communicator of information and confident when dealing with your own senior management as well as customers and suppliers.
• You’ll be an expert on all the company’s products and systems so that you can do the job effectively – this means gaining practical experience through observations within the factory and abattoir.
• Proactive problem solver, assisting Quality Manager and other Department managers when systems fail to implement Business Continuity as well as engaging with external IT support for solutions.
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, Sage or other Cloud-Based systems.
• Enthusiastic and full of energy.
• This is a varied job with several things going on at any one time.
• You will work office hours but spend time in the factory, meaning you’ll often be wearing protective clothing.
• As you generate reports and make recommendations, you can also expect to be making presentations to senior management at times.
• You’ll need to have a high standard of written English and spoken communication skills and be able to analyse complicated information and summarise data effectively.
7 GCSE’s at A/B grade
At least 1 years work experience within the food industry
Food Technology/Food Science Degree
Food Hygiene Level 2.
HACCP Level 2
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.