Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are working with a processing dairy that are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer Manager for their site in Grassington, North Yorkshire. The business currently produces & distributes milk, along with other associated dairy products, throughout Yorkshire and the surrounding area.
This role is permanent and will involve the management of the Maintenance Department and its team of staff, whilst also working on day to day duties within the department.
The role is varied and encompasses a variety of management areas including:
• Manage and lead all maintenance Operations, processes and team.
• Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all company procedures is adhered by the Engineering department.
• Ensure all equipment meets all current legislation and all relevant records and certificates are documented and filed.
• Responsible for ensuring all staff within the department have the relevant training to perform their tasks.
• Create, implement, improve and Manage maintenance procedures. (Factory and Farm) Alongside providing the most cost-effective solutions.
• Manage, oversee and develop the maintenance schedule.
• Ensure that all maintenance job sheets are completed correctly when they have been requested, sign that the work is complete and equipment safe to use.
• Fault find malfunctioning equipment to route cause, repair or arrange & oversee repair.
• Plan and manage all installation activities.
• Manage all Engineering suppliers/ service providers.
• Liaise with relevant management to ensure efficient and safe operation of the site.
• Attend Management meetings and take the lead in the Engineering department reporting.
The role will require a conscientious, disciplined individual. The individual must have the ability to plan workload effectively and be flexible to cope with changing circumstances. Previous experience within an engineering background is essential.
Starting salary of £31800 rising to £32800 following successful completion of 6 month probationary period. The position will be based on an average 40 hours week. The role requires flexibility to cover operating hours between 07:00 and 19:00.
A company pension scheme is also in place.
Reference ID: jh811
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,800.00-£32,800.00 per year
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.