Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are recruiting for a for a well-established and highly successful company within the print and packaging industry. We are looking to recruit a Lead Technician on a permanent basis in Bradford.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Engineer who is looking to join an innovative company as the Lead Technician that has recently heavily invested in state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment involving high speed production machinery. Working alongside a team of multi skilled engineers and machine operators who are responsible for maintaining highly efficient output involving Injection Moulding Machinery, Power Presses, Can Manufacturing Equipment, Lithographic Printing Presses, Pick and Place Robots and General Building Maintenance and Installation.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week – 8.00am – 16.30pm with extended hours as and when required and occasional call out cover
Opportunities for progression with structured pay increases, subject to skills assessments
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Support capital projects to integrate new equipment and refurbishments
• Carry out pro-active and reactive maintenance activities across a wide variety of automated production equipment.
• Identify and carry out continuous improvement projects and installations of new equipment.
• Make suitable recommendations for on going continuous improvement initiatives
• Input ideas and take an active role in team briefings and communication meetings
• Liaise with Production Managers and the Engineering Supervisor to support departmental KPIs and ensure production targets are met
• Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD etc
• Be aware of work requirement and take personal responsibility to work to deliver this
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and seek assistance when required
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met to agreed cost and quality requirements
• Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
• Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
• Fault finding both mechanical and electrical
• Pneumatic, hydraulic, and PLC (Mitsubishi and Siemens)
• Knowledge of inverters and drives
• Ability to work on own
• Undertake significant elements of the detailed design; e.g. calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc, to achieve the optimum solution for the project
• HNC Electrical Engineering with strong Mechanical Engineering experience
• HNC Mechanical Engineering with strong Electrical Engineering experience
• BS7671 wiring regulations 17th edition or 18th edition
• Electrical inspection and test (C&G 2391)
• FLT counterbalance
• IPAF MEWP 3a and3b
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.