Tailored Recruitment Consultancy are delighted to be working closely with an established legal firm in Bradford to recruit an experienced Conveyancer with a background of the residential conveyancing market.
The successful candidate will manage all legal aspects of buying and selling properties from the outset of a transaction through to completion and generate fee income for the department.
• Managing the conveyancing process including buying, selling, transfer of equity, remortgages, transfers, freehold and deeds of variation
• Ensuring the timely transfer of monies between the buyer, seller and 3rd parties
• Liaising with clients, 3rd party solicitors, banks and building societies, estate agents, Land Registry etc to ensure the smooth running of the process for all involved
• Conducting all checks and searches
• Drafting contracts, transfers, bills and statements
• Overseeing the work of the support staff in the department
• Dealing with routine correspondence and queries from the client and 3rd parties including agreeing completion dates
• Supporting the department to build the business by developing and maintaining good relationships with clients
• Networking, marketing and promoting the firm including referring clients to other departments
Skills and Qualifications
• Use of case management system
• Microsoft Outlook and Word
• Using Search provider e.g. TM Searches, HMRC portal, Land Registry portal etc
• Strong communication skills and a calm, and professional approach
• Strong interpersonal skills including supporting clients throughout the transaction
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients and 3rd parties on the telephone and face to face
• Ability to work under pressure and manage client expectations
• Good time management and prioritisation skills
• English and Maths GCSE or equivalent – grade C and above – essential
• Licenced conveyancer, ILEX or qualified by experience
• Qualified solicitor
To apply for this job please complete the form below and upload a recent copy of your CV.